Friday, September 17, 2021
Business

Impressive National Trading Figures

by BTM

Tue, 07 September 2021

Impressive National Trading Figures

The Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of July 2021, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.

The value of imports increased by 10 percent, reaching BD418 million during July 2021 compared to BD378 million for the same month of the previous year. The top ten countries accounted for 71 percent of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 29 percent.

According to the report, Brazil ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD59 million, China was second with BD50 million, and the United Arab Emirates was third with BD31 million.

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported by Bahrain with a total value of BD67 million, while aluminum oxide was second with BD26 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD17 million.

The value of exports of national origin increased by 62 percent to BD327 million during July 2021, compared to BD202 million for the same month of the previous year. The top ten countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 75 percent of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 25 percent.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD75 million from Bahrain. United States of America was second with BD54 million and Egypt third with BD29 million.

Unwrought aluminum alloyed emerged as the top products exported during July 2021 with BD97 million, agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was second with a value of BD67 million and third Semi-finished iron and steel with BD18 million.

The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD31 million during July of 2021 versus BD135 million for the same month of the previous year with a decrease of 77%.

#BAHRAIN BUSINESS BITES #BUSINESS BITES #BUSINESS NEWS BAHRAIN #BTM SEPTEMBER 2021

WHAT'S YOUR REACTION?

0
Love
0
LOL
0
OMG
0
CRY
0
ANGRY

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK

0 comment
Sort by