Eating a healthy portion of leafy greens, on a daily basis, can be tricky. They work well in salads, curries and even appetisers, but even then, we have a hard time getting enough of them into our daily diet. This easy green smoothie recipe is an excellent way to start your day on a healthy note and is quite palatable with its delicious secret ingredient – Mangoes.
- 1 ½ cups of mangoes, diced and frozen
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soaked chia seeds
- 1 bunch of spinach
- Crushed cashews/almonds (optional)
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Prep your spinach by chopping off the roots, rinsing well and soaking it in a bowl of water for 15-20 minutes. You can add a splash of apple cider vinegar to the water which will refresh your spinach while getting rid of stubborn dirt between leaves.
- Drain your spinach and place it in the blender with all the ingredients.
- Blend well, then pour the mixture into two glasses or mason jars.
- You can garnish your smoothie with crushed cashews and a drizzle of honey.
Stocking up on mangoes? Check out Lulu Hypermarket’s amazing range at the Mango Mania festival!