Wed, 03 July 2019
With climate challenges and increasing urbanisation having an ever-greater effect on our day-to-day lives, future-proofing building design is more important than ever.
TECHNAL® was born from innovation and imagination, always looking to the challenges of the future. And, with the expectation that by 2050 around 70 per cent of the global population will be urban dwellers causing a transition to ‘Vertical Cities’ comprised of tall buildings, these issues were given prime importance in the creation of the recently launched TIGAL Sliding Door.
The move towards urbanisation will also mean a rise in noise pollution presenting designers with an additional challenge to create a sliding-door system that incorporates eco-friendly design with noise reduction and extreme weather and climate resistance.
TECHNAL® says: “Where others see only doors and windows, we see new possibilities; creativity and design in the service of people.”
Enter the TIGAL Sliding Door, which accomplishes the above in a sleek, attractive package that not only promises to cater to the ever-changing needs of the future but also meets construction industry expectations.
In short, the TIGAL allows you to: ‘Beat the elements’ by taking control of heat, wind and water; master your comfort, in terms of sound, dust and security; and control your space through its large dimensions and zero area/daylight/view loss combined with full or micro ventilation, focused on energy efficient façades and user comfort.
Presented as a unique hybrid, combining the advantages of a sliding door with the features and high performance of a casement window, the TIGAL’s flat profile means all the living area is preserved while allowing easy access to a balcony, terrace or other outdoor space.
Its structure is architect-friendly as it can fit into any space up to 4m wide by 2.70m high and can carry up to 300 kg and 52 mm thick of glazing infill per leaf and, as well as its top-of-the-range performance capabilities, the system comes in several finishes and colours to suit every choice. The technology, which is energy efficient and of a user-centric design, is housed in a slender frame with concealed hardware which is easily operated, leaving space for a large glazed area that allows natural light into the room and easy, silent access to the outer area.
• The innovative system can withstand multiple weather extremes. Air permeability of Class A4, wind pressure resistance Class 3 (soon to be available in Class 5 up to 3 KPa by the end of 2019), and exceptional water-tightness of E1200, which uses avant-garde technology that seals four times better than conventional sliding doors, make the TIGAL Sliding Door capable of facing any global challenge, truly ‘Braving the Elements’.
• With three levels of thermal conductivity, the TIGAL Sliding Door ensures optimal energy efficiency and insulation to reduce the impact of outside heat and cold. Its Uw thermal performance is up to 0.85 W/m²K creating pleasant conditions indoors in both summer and winter and reducing energy bills.
• With acoustic insulation up to Rw (C;Ctr): 45dB in double glazing, it shields occupants from outside noise.
• It is manufactured with 70-per-cent recycled materials and durable components with no PVC, because environmental sustainability is already crucial, and will become more so in the future.
• Profiles can be manufactured in extruded aluminium REDUXA or in extruded low carbon aluminium CIRCAL 75R, both of which boast a carbon footprint below 4kg of CO2 per kilogram of aluminium.