Sun, 13 June 2021
We absolutely love our fair share of Thai food. A good plate of Pad Thai, Chicken Green curry and Basil Chicken is reminiscent of a pre-COVID world when we could travel and explore with ease. One of our favourite Thai dishes has got to be Thai Sticky Rice with Mango, so here’s our take on it:
For the coconut sauce
1. Wash the rice well and cook it in a saucepan with equal parts of sweet water. Alternatively, you can cook the rice in a rice cooker.
2. In a separate dish, boil the coconut milk with the salt and sugar until the sugar melts. Remove the mixture from the heat and then combine the mixture with the rice.
3. Cover the mixture and let it rest for 10 minutes, then give it a good stir and let it rest for an additional 40-45 minutes.
4. For the coconut sauce, cook all the ingredients together and stir well till it is all incorporated and thickens slightly.
5. Plate up your rice, drizzle some delicious coconut sauce over the top and serve it with the mango on the side and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Get your pick of the best mangoes at Lulu Hypermarket!