Saturday, September 19, 2020
News

Bahrain Embassy Repatriates 301 Citizens from U.S. and Canada

by BTM

Thu, 30 April 2020

Bahrain Embassy Repatriates 301 Citizens from U.S. and Canada

Bahrain Embassy Repatriates 301 Citizens from U.S. and Canada

Bahrain's embassy to the United States has completed the evacuation of all Bahraini citizens in the U.S. and Canada who wished to return home and requested assistance from the diplomatic mission.

The evacuation of the citizens was implemented in keeping with the directives of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.The requests from the citizens followed the suspension of international flights due to the outbreak of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. 

The embassy, in coordination with the military, security and cultural attachés, evacuated the North America-based Bahrainis who wished to return home.

Since the outbreak of the pandemic in the U.S. and Canada, the embassy has been keen to communicate with the citizens who have registered their names through Wejhaty, phone calls to the embassy's emergency line, e-mail, or calls received by the follow-up office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Manama.

The embassy listed the citizens in the U.S. and Canada and repatriated 301 nationals from both countries. Those repatriated represent 61% of the total number of citizens in North America. The remaining 39% have expressed their wish to stay in the USA and Canada.

In addition, the embassy dispatched personal protection equipment, including masks, gloves, disinfectants and some medicines, to all the registered citizens staying in North America in a proactive and prudent manner. Each of these citizens were also provided with a package of basic foodstuffs as a precautionary measure in case of food shortage in the local markets.

The embassy called on the citizens currently in the U.S. and Canada to follow the instructions issued by the local authorities and to exercise the highest levels of caution, including social distancing.

It also urged those who have not registered with the embassy to sign up on Wejhaty or contact the embassy directly and follow its accounts on social media: Twitter and Instagram.

For more news and updates, click here: https://www.bahrainthismonth.com/updates/news

#BAHRAIN UPDATES #CORONAVIRUS #COVID19 IN BAHRAIN #BAHRAIN LOCAL NEWS

WHAT'S YOUR REACTION?

1
Love
0
LOL
0
OMG
0
CRY
0
ANGRY

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK

0 comment
Sort by