Mon, 16 August 2021
The National Medical Taskforce for Combatting the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has announced the decision to move to the Orange Alert Level during the Ashoora holiday, which falls on August 18 and August 19.
The decision was made in line with the previous announcement that some dates may be designated at higher alert levels if deemed necessary to protect public health.
Here are the measures and rules which will be in place as part of the Orange Alert Level:
- Vaccinated and unvaccinated people can hold gatherings at home with a limit of six people.
- Vaccinated and unvaccinated people have the option to attend education and training institutes.
- Restaurants and cafes can provide outdoor service for 50 people, and in indoor areas for 30 people as per reservation for vaccinated Green Shield holders and those recovered from COVID-19
Under the Orange Alert Level, Vaccinated Green Shield holders and those recovered from COVID-19 can:
- Hold outdoor events and conferences for 50 people, and events for 30 people in indoor areas.
- Visit outdoor gyms, sport halls and swimming pools
- Visit retail shops outside of shopping malls
- Visit shopping malls
- Visit barber shops, salons and spas (for services that do not require removing the mask)
- Visit outdoor cinemas
- Visit Outdoor playgrounds and entertainment centres
- Enter standalone government centres
- Attend sporting events in outdoor areas
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a vaccinated or recovered person at all venues and facilities mentioned above including restaurants.
All essential sectors will remain open as per usual. The Taskforce stressed the importance of adhering to the measures and procedures within the Orange Alert Level, which were previously announced in accordance with the COVID-19 Alert level Traffic Light System (as explained above).
The Yellow Alert Level will be re-adopted on Friday, August 20 and will remain the lowest Alert Level the Kingdom will adopt until at least 80% of individuals aged 40 and older, who are eligible for a booster shot, have received the dose.
For more news and information, visit www.bahrainthismonth.com/updates