Wed, 19 August 2020
The administrative and teaching staff will resume work on September 6 as previously announced, said the Ministry of Education.
In a statement today, Public Relations and Media Director Dr. Fawaz Al-Sheroogui said that students would return to schools on September 16.
The Cabinet, which held its weekly session today, said that it had approved a proposal regarding the suspension of studies in public and private schools as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of the COVID-19, which has already been achieved through decisions issued on the same subject earlier this year.
“That previous approval which applied to the past term does not apply to the new school year”, said Dr. Al-Sheroogui, adding that parents will still have the option to choose between school attendance or online learning.