Wed, 25 March 2020
All non-essential businesses will be temporarily closed from 7pm tomorrow (March 26) until April 9 following a directive issued by the Government Executive Committee, chaired by His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander, First Deputy Prime Minister.
The following types of business are excluded from these measures, and may continue to operate as usual:
1. Hypermarkets, supermarkets, cold stores, grocery stores, butcher shops and fish shops
3. Natural gas fuelling stations and liquid fuelling stations
4. Hospitals, medical centres, pharmacies and optical centres
5. Banks and currency exchange bureaus
6. Corporate administration offices of companies and organisations that conduct activities without direct engagement with customers
7. Businesses that import, export and distribute goods
8. Automotive garages and repair shops
9. Businesses operating in the construction and maintenance industry
The Ministry noted the importance of adherence to the regulations and procedures issued by the Ministry of Health aimed at containing and preventing the spread of COVID-19, and in particular measures of social distancing.
Retail and industrial enterprises are allowed to engage in the sale of goods and services and their delivery by electronic means and social media platforms. Restaurants and food and beverage outlets are also permitted to operate through take away services and home delivery services