Ward off accidents on the road.
The traffic regulations are very strict and are well enforced in the Kingdom. The highways and suburbs are monitored by radar and cameras, speeding vehicles are fined heavily for negligence. The traffic police work hard to manage and control the traffic flow and traffic jams. However, the unpredictable drivers on the road are a major cause of accidents.
Why Accidents happen.
Reckless drivers who don't follow the traffic signs and rules are the major cause of accidents’
- Using a mobile device while driving is the major cause of distraction.
- Overtaking and speeding.
- Not following traffic rules and signs.
- Jumping the traffic signals.
- Faulty motor vehicles.
- Driving in the wrong lane or hard shoulder.
- Allowing an infant or child below 10 years to sit in the front seat
- Not giving way to emergency vehicles or official convoys.
- Not using a seat-belt.
- Not wearing a helmet.
- Using elevated headlights.
- Stopping in a darkened place at night without turning lights on.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
How to avert the mishaps.
Many ways can be adopted to avoid mishaps and traffic violations.
- Use a Bluetooth device and silent your mobile devices nothing is more important than your life.
- Keep an eye on the road and drive in line with the speed limit.
- Always follow the traffic rules to avert dangerous situations.
- Repair the motor vehicles to ward off any technical fault on the road.
- Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of you.
- A car seat is a must for children under 10 years of age.
- Always give way to ambulances or official convoys.
- Wearing seatbelt and helmet is a must.
In case of a car accident, you should always wait for the arrival of the traffic police, as no matter how small the accident is, a report has to be filed.
General Directorate of Traffic
Telephone: +973 17872222 or +973 17872287
Email: [email protected]